WordPress users are fed up of seeing /category/ in the URL, because it does nothing but increase the characters in the category slug. So, the thing I came up today is that, how one can easily remove /category/ slug from URL in WordPress.
Remove Category URL
Remove Category URL is a great plugin to fix this problem in WordPress. This plugin will completely remove the ‘/category/’ from your permalinks ( e.g. mydomain.com/category/my-category/ to mydomain.com/my-category/ ).
You don’t have to configure anything when you install remove category URL plugin, no configuration is required at all.
- Better and logical permalinks like and
- Simple plugin – No configuration is required
- No need to modify WordPress files
- Doesn’t require other plugins to work
- Compatible with sitemap plugins
- Compatible with WPML
- Works with multiple sub-categories
- Works with WordPress Multisite
- Redirects old category permalinks to the new ones (301 redirects, good for SEO)
Just download and install remove category URL in your WordPress today to get rid of /category/ slug from URL in WordPress site.